Trope Trainer is a revolutionary program that teaches Torah, Haftarah and Megillah
chanting. View complete Bible texts and hear them chanted with your choice of melody,
accent, speed, pitch, and voice!
In Trope Trainer, you can follow the text on the screen as you hear the selected portion chanted.
Included are a complete set of tutorials and exercises for learning the rudiments of chanting and
the melodies associated with each trope marking.
Students and teachers are raving about Trope Trainer! Offering unparalleled variety, Trope Trainer
includes more than 24 melodies, from Ashkenazi and Sephardi traditions, with your choice of voice,
accent, pitch and chanting speed, for annual and triennial readings to accomodate the needs and
customs of your congregation.
Trope Trainer comes in 2 versions:
Trope Trainer allows you to study at your own pace, with features customized to suit your
proficiency in chanting! Its full complement of tutorials and exercises help you learn
to chant with ease. You will be amazed at your savings of time and effort!
- Standard Edition: Includes all Shabbat and Holiday Torah readings and Haftarot
- Deluxe Edition: Includes all Shabbat and Holiday Torah portions and Haftarot,
and the 5 Megillot (Esther, Eichah/Lamentations, Ruth, Kohelet/Ecclesiastes and Shir
Hashirim/Song of Songs)
Trope Trainer Features:
- Play a word, phrase, verse or entire reading.
- Adjust the speed and pitch of singing to match your voice and level of proficiency.
- Select the pronounciation (Ashkenazic or Sephardic) that you wish to hear.
- Select a melody (niggun) style. Various styles standard to many Orthodox, Conservative,
and Reform synagogues - from Ashkenazic and Sephardic traditions -are included.
- View an English translation of each verse and a transliteration of every
word with your pronunciation selection and see musical notes in your selected melody.
- Display texts in your choice of Chumash, Torah (Stam), or two-column Tikkun style.
- Display and print whole portions or selected aliyot. Single verses or user-selected combinations of verses can also be selected for display and print to account for local customs.
- Learn from portion itself, or learn from for beginners and reviewers alike that demonstrate the important aspects of tropes and cantillation.
- Use the more than 35,000 exercise examples from actual Torah and Haftarah phrases and verses to get almost unlimited practice. (Exercises are organized by groups of tropes.)
- Identify reading stops for full, triennial,holiday and weekday readings.
- Optionally show customizable colored highlights that identify common trope phrases and optionally show colored tropes that distinguish lord and servant tropes.
- Distinguish Sh'va-na and Sh'va-nach, Qamatz-gadol and Qamatz-katon to aid in proper pronunciation.
- Use the Reading Selector to automatically display combined and separate Torah portions based on year and location. Special holiday Maftir and Haftarah readings are automatically displayed. Readings can also be selected from a "perpetual" Jewish Holiday calendar showing all days when Torah is read. Bar Mitzvah planning couldn't be easier!
- "Singing" trope charts are included for those with previous cantillation experience.
PERPETUAL HEBREW CALENDAR
TropeTrainer(tm) software includes a "perpetual" calendar including every Shabbat and Jewish
Holiday during which Torah is read. The calendar features adjustments for the difference between
weekly Torah portions that are read in the Diaspora versus those read in Israel. Outside of Israel,
Sukkot, Pesach and Shavuot are celebrated one day longer than they are inside Israel. When this
extra day occurs on Shabbat, in Israel the regular weekly Torah portion is read, while the Holiday
portion is chanted everywhere else. Several weeks after that Holiday, those outside of Israel read
a double Torah portion, while those in Israel read a single portion. In this way, those in the
Diaspora catch up to the portion read in Israel.
The "perpetual" Jewish Holiday calendar included in TropeTrainer(tm) software helps you find the right
portion for your BarMitzvah. Simply click to the year and month of your birth, click on the date,
and see your Hebrew calendar birthdate. (Note: if you were born after sunset, the Hebrew calendar
birthdate will be the next day.)
New Features in Version 4
- Choose between chanting or speaking of Hebrew text
- Improved Navigation
- Instrumental accompaniment with your choice of over 100 instruments.
Select accompaniment with chanting, no accompaniment, or just instrumental
- Improved speech synthesis with higher quality of voices
- Optional Download Audio to your iPod™ or other MP3 players using iTunes™
(allows 3 downloads)
Windows XP/Vista/7 or Mac OS X (10.4 or above), with a sound card and speakers
Trope Trainer Standard - price: $129.00
Trope Trainer Deluxe - price: $154.00